The Talboys Model 5000I Incubating Orbital Shakers are designed for a variety of shaking and incubating applications such as cell cultures.
Model 5000I Incubating Orbital Shaker is supplied with a non-skid rubber mat that fits the 18 x 18" (45.7 x 45.7cm) tray. Orbital Shakers include a 5 year, industry leading limited warranty on parts and labor.
Operating Conditions: Shaker can be run in conditions from 15 to 32°C (59 to 90°F), maximum 80% relative humidity, non-condensing.
- Microprocessor Control: The variable speed microprocessor control provides consistent uniform shaking action. Microprocessor will display last set-point and will restart if the power is interrupted.
- Accu-Drive Shaking System: The exclusive patented Accu-Drive Shaking System delivers exceptional speed control, accuracy and durability. The shaking system continuously monitors shaking speed and maintains set-point, even under changing loads. When unit is set to a speed above 100rpm, the speed accuracy is ±1% of set speed. When set under 100rpm, speed accuracy is ±1 rpm.
- Opti-Flow Forced Ventilation System: The exclusive patented Opti-Flow Forced Ventilation System uses twin induction fans and air delfectors to deliver exceptional temperature uniformity and stability.
- PID Temperature Controller: Maintains precise temperature control from ambient +5°C to 65°C. Easy-to-use controls allow users to adjust temperature in 1°C increments.
- Triple Eccentric Drive: Permanently lubricated ball bearings and maintenance free, brushless DC motor provide reliable service and continuous duty operation.
- LED Display: Touch pad controls with easy-to-read, independent LED displays for temperature, speed and time allow operator to view all settings at once. Provides repeatable and accurate results every time and is easily visible across lab benches. Timer will display elapsed time, or when programmed to user defined limit, will shut off unit when time reaches zero. Display will show last used settings, even after power has been turned off.
- RS-232 Interface: Provides two-way communication for data logging and unit control.
- Temperature Calibration Mode: Allows user to calibrate the unit to an external temperature device.
- Speed Calibration Mode: Allows user to automatically recalibrate speed display.
- Speed Ramping Feature : Slowly increases speed to desired set-point to avoid splashing.
- Spill-Resistant Design: Channels fluids away from internal components.
- Load Sensor: A built-in load sensor detects unbalanced conditions and automatically reduces rpm to a safe speed, or stops unit, to protect samples.
- Overload Protection: Audible and visual signals will activate when system detects an obstruction or overload of the tray.
- Audible Alarm: In timed mode, alarm will sound when time reaches zero. Alarm has optional mute function which can be set from the touch pad controls.
- Overshoot Protection: Unit will shut down and activate audible and visual alarms if temperature deviates ±1°C from set-point.
- Caution Hot Indicator: Symbol illuminates when the temperature of the air in the chamber reaches 40°C and remains lit until the temperature cools down.
- Polycarbonate Lid: Permits viewing of samples without disturbing the internal temperature. When the lid is opened, automatic shut off of the circuit will stop the shaker tray to protect the operator.
- 5 year industry leading warranty
||Incubated Benchtop Shakers
|Platform Area (ft^2)
||18 x 18"
|Max Load (lb)
|RPM - Max
|RPM - Min
|Orbit Diameter (mm)
||50 / 60 Hz
||Ambient +5°C to 65°C
||±0.5°C at 37°C
||15 to 500 rpm
|Speed Accuracy Above 100 rpm
||±1% of set speed
|Speed Accuracy Below 100 rpm
||1 second to 160 hours
||25 mm (1")
||50 lb (22.7 kg)
||18 x 18"
||20.6 x 24.8 x 17"
||32.1 x 26.6 x 23.5"
||Cell cultures, solubility studies, bacterial suspensions and extraction procedures.
||5 year industry leading limited warranty on parts and labor
|Unit Supplied With
||A 92" (234cm) detachable, 3-wire cord and plug.
A non-skid rubber mat that fits the 18 x 18" (45.7 x 45.7cm) tray.
||Manufactured in the USA